Hello, my name is Mellissa and my art-and-crafts business is called It’s My Bag Studios.
I’m inviting you into my studios to see:
• how I create my art
• the types of supplies I use, and
• watch as I work on one of my many crafts and art:
• a mixed-media collage
• a paper collage
• a sculpture with air-dry clay or liquid polymer clay
• creating a Hallowe’en decor item
• painting with acrylic or watercolours, or
• sewing an upcycled, reusable tote bag
The hands-on component of your visit will include the opportunity to create your own piece of art from the categories I list above. Two visual training posters will be available to help you develop your piece: the 6 principles of good design and a colour wheel.
Behind The Curtain:If you like scary Hallowe’en decor, a section of the studio will feature the ghastly and ghoulish decor pieces that I create and feature at craft shows and markets at this time of the year. There will be a curtain across this display so that no one has to look at these “goodies” unless they choose to walk behind the curtain!
The event features a “pay what you may” bucket, but there is no charge for admission or most supplies.